Latest projects & news
- Wolf partner with Genersys Solar
- Passive House in Newbridge (video on Homepage)
- Vphase: Sunday Times & featured on DIY:SOS
- Energy efficiency ratings to be compulsory for home sales
- CNN meets Hans Eek & reports on PassivHaus retrofits
- Hans Eek - The Vision & the Visionary of the Passive House Concept
RT 400 Attic Model
The RT 400 is a compact air handling unit (or MVHR) that delivers efficient ventilation with highly efficient heat recovery, as well as cooling recovery for hot summer days.
Designed for a loft with low headroom, the unit is horizontal and comes in an insulated box as standard.
Due to temperature variations between the loft and the main house, this box will stop the thermal energy being lost before it can be supplied into the main part of the house. The insulated box ensures the unit operates at its maximum efficiency.
The unit is very clever but also very simple. It draws in fresh air from outside, while at the same time extracting stale air from within the house. As the fresh air and stale air travel through the counter-flow heat exchanger inside the unit, the thermal energy from the used air can be taken and used to heat the fresh incoming air. Basically, it recycles 80% of the thermal energy from the air.
With virtually no moving parts, the RT unit is virtually maintenance free and simply requires both filters to be changed at least once a year. Changing the filters is as simple as changing a light bulb.
This award winning unit made from high quality Swedish technology, has been successfully used in both low-energy and passive house designs for many years to meet the exacting Swedish Building Code and Passiv Haus standards. With the UK now well on the way, to catching up with Europe, with the introduction of the Code for Sustainable Homes; energy-efficient products such as these, are an ideal alternative to traditional radiators and virtually eliminates the need to purchase energy. Your utility bills will be a fraction of what they are now, from day one.
Our installers are highly qualified heating & ventilation engineers that are HVCA registered.
Ideal for a building area, of 300m2 and occupied by up to 15 people.
* The fans works with constant flow regulation (cruise control), which ensures the air flow is maintained at the correctly adjusted level and compensates for filter blockages. Comes with built-in, overheat protection.
* The unit is fitted with an integrated electric afterheater (0.9 kW) which ensures the supply air temperature will not fall below the set temperature. As an optional extra, the unit can also be fitted with the following heating coils;
- 1.8 kW reinforced electric afterheater
- 1.6 kW water, or
- 2.8 kW reinforced water
If a water coil is used, connections are on top of the unit (dimension 3/8”) and include 2-way valve and valve motor.
* The RT unit comes fitted with an automatic by-pass, which applies cooling recovery on hot summer days. Alternatively, an external cooling coil (EKB) can be used.
* Counterflow Heat exchanger is fully sealed between the supply air side and the exhaust air side, to stop seepage of odours or contaminants between the old air and the new. This design also means wear and tear are now down to a minimum.
* Silencers are designed and fitted to both supply air and exhaust air ducts. Located between the duct and the unit, a flexible silencer (Aku-comp) reduces the operational noise levels and prevents ‘eavesdropping’ between different rooms that are interlinked with the same part of the duct system.
* The cooker fan is fitted with a separate fireproof spiral duct. The extract air is fed out via a roof hood (VHS) and the link between the cooker fan and kitchen flue is made using an approved hose (KF) and 2 quick-action clamps (SBF).
* Air diffusers/valves (CTVK or STQA) can be wall or ceiling mounted and operate at low noise levels. The air discharged from the valve is mixed thoroughly with the room air, thus providing a draught-free air supply. Supply air is brought into rooms of long-occupation, such as living or bedrooms, while exhaust air is taken out of bathrooms, laundries and toilets.
* The RT unit can be fitted with a fire function, to accommodate a modern fireplace.
* The RT unit comes with factory-fitted condensation drainage, to be connected to a drain.
RT 400 Attic Model
Rated output, unit
Rated output, heater
Rated output, fans
Filters: Supply Air/Extract Air
2 x 210 W
230 V,50 Hz
4 x 160mm Ø