Latest projects & news
- Wolf partner with Genersys Solar
- Passive House in Newbridge (video on Homepage)
- Vphase: Sunday Times & featured on DIY:SOS
- Energy efficiency ratings to be compulsory for home sales
- CNN meets Hans Eek & reports on PassivHaus retrofits
- Hans Eek - The Vision & the Visionary of the Passive House Concept
Water Efficiency Calculations
The Environment Agency has found that 20% of the UK's water is consumed domestically, with 50% of this used for flushing WC's and washing. Therefore the development of practical ways to reduce water consumption is important.
On the 6th April 2010, Part G of the building regulations included the mandatory need for a water efficiency calculation to be carried out for every new dwelling.
A calculation is required to show the potential consumption of wholesome water per person per day. The calculation is based on fixtures and fittings in a dwelling and also any greywater or rainwater harvesting technologies. Each dwelling is required to have a maximum consumption of 125 litres/person/day which is equivalent to the BRE's Code for Sustainable Homes level 1 standard.